Glad you Came(A poem for Coffee)

I wasn’t suppose to meet you, not at this time,

not at the time my life was supposedly falling apart,

Not like this..

I wasn’t suppose to be this happy and well secure in your arms

in a time when heartbreak came calling and I was left without much of a logical explanation,no real closure and just left hanging,

I wasn’t suppose to be laughing hard and recovering this quick,

See life’s a bitch and she slapped me,she slapped me hard,

Left me with scars and many times with a broken heart,wet eyes and a lot of if only ..

You were not suppose to be my escape,my happy place,the one person that can stand me when he holds me, I was suppose to be falling in defeat,

But instead I found myself falling in love,

Found myself smiling and for the first time not worrying about a text or a call back,he gets it,he gets me

I wasn’t suppose to feel this free with somebody,and find love this easy,

Cause I’m used to it being so hard,

Hard to love and be love back,

I’m getting used to you having my back during the time its being stabbed,

You have held me in my darkest moments because of your light

and your pureness of love,

Life hardships are feeble,they don’t stand a chance because you make me strong and loved.

I just want you to know that you came when God saw I needed

you the most.

Written by

Milk

9 Comments Add yours

1. So beautifully written! Your love shines through 100% in this poem. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. milkencoffee says:

Thank you so much,really appreciated!

Liked by 1 person

2. connetta says:

My 3rd marriage has lasted 4o years. This poem reminded me of how I felt back then, it’s scary trusting someone again.

Liked by 1 person

1. milkencoffee says:

Love is scary but so worth it,it’s better to have love and lost than to never love at all.

2. milkencoffee says:

yes trusting someone is very hard..glad you could relate to it. hope all goes well with you…40 years wow

1. connetta says:

Its never easy living with somone. I thought of divorce many times. But a grumpy old man is better than a cheating sob…so I stay.

2. milkencoffee says:

the best part of relationships are always the beginning..the rest is up to maturity and understanding..in my case i am still young and have a lot to learn..

Liked by 1 person

3. connetta says:

Time goes by faster as we age..enjoy being young and never stay with some one who hits you or runs women..those men never change. My husband is a year and a half older than me. We are both the first born with siblings..our wedding date is 7-7-79 married at 7pm..after 2 divorces, I wanted all the luck I could get..we married a year after we met,although we went to school together. I had 2 kids. He never had one but my kids call him their dad. Name kids after him.,

Liked by 1 person

4. milkencoffee says:

ok thanks for the advice …that wedding date seemed lucky though

Liked by 1 person